COVID-19 that had emerged as a virus in some animals has now become a global pandemic affecting more than 10 million people worldwide and counting. Our lifestyle, as we knew it before Corona, has drastically changed now. And since there has been no vaccination or treatment found as of yet, the best you can do to keep yourself and your family safe from the infection is to follow the safety norms.
However, there are certain things you should know about this much-feared global pandemic in order to better protect from its infection. These include:
- Common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, dry cough, and tiredness.
- Not all fevers are COVID-10, so don’t get excited and get yourself tested or checked by a doctor if feeling feverish.
- It can spread through contact (touch) and respiratory activities (like coughing, sneezing, even breathing).
- COVID-19 virus can exist on surfaces and can survive there for up to 72 hours.
- It can spread through the contact of an infected surface or person.
- Infection and death probability due to coronavirus is higher in elders and people with existing diseases.
- In most cases, the treatment is possible, and the death probability is very low.
- Prevention is the key to limiting the spread of this virus.
- Washing hands, using a mask, avoiding contact, staying away from sick people, disinfecting common-touch surfaces & things, etc. are some of the ways to limit the infection spread.
- There is no definite treatment of COVID-19, as of yet.
Now that you know what COVID-19 is and about the basics, let’s get to know about some tips to keep yourself and others safe from the virus infection.
Read More: How to Make a Safe Online Medicine Purchase?
COVID-19 Do’s & Don’ts
Wash hands frequently and properly (minimum 20 seconds) with soap or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
Use a Mask
Always use a mask when going out, talking to people and sneezing or coughing to avoid the infection from spreading to others.
See a Doctor if feel sick
If you are feeling sick or have any symptoms of the virus, do consult with a doctor. Get a COVID-19 test if recommended by the doctor.
And if you want to buy authentic medicines online, you can visit:
Isolate yourself if found positive
If your COVID-19 test has resulted in positive, isolate yourself at home or at a hospital and avoid contact with others, for at least 15 days.
Avoid going out
The best way to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to avoid contact, which you can do best by staying indoors. Even if you have to go out, avoid gatherings like events, malls, etc.
Avoid personal contact
Personal contact, touch, etc. with an infected person or surface is the best way for the virus to transmit to your body. So, avoid that as much as possible.
Do not spit in public places, as the virus can transmit from an infected person to another person or to the environment through spitting.
Do not use public transport or things
Public transports and other facilities that are used by many people can be contaminated. So, it’s best to avoid using them, for now.
Avoid touching your face
To prevent the virus from reaching your nose, mouth or eyes, avoid touching these areas with your hands. If feeling itchy, just wash your face with water.
Stay Home, Stay Safe! And Do Not Panic!